Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring is in the air

We each look at spring in different ways. For me it is the taunt of summer. As newly immigrated to Canada I miss those warm spring days and evenings filled with hope of renewal. As this is my second full spring in Canada, I am starting to get used to it.

Joined the gym with my husband and have been hard at going everyday. Love the fact that it is daylight when I go in the am. Working on my home's spring cleaning with potential of reno work coming up soon also. Planning a garage cleaning, a visit to the dump for old tires, waking the lawn and seeding soon with fertilizer... yeah for spring...

I am also trying to get pregnant as this is the time for new sprouting... Let's see where we go with that one.

So, as all this takes place and knowing that about now is when I would be planning my summer weekends to the beach I wonder... there is no beach around here. There are lakes, there is a river... but no beach - no ocean. What am I to do. Well here is the plan I have come up. I am going to get one of those blow up pools and when the weather gets warmer I will head to the lake and place the pool on the shore of it. Then I will put some water in from the lake and then add salt... with a bit of sun and some sand it just may feel like an ocean. Anyone got thoughts on that???

All kidding aside; I miss those days of nothing. Where I could sit on the sand and read a book or people watch. Where nothing mattered and there were no worries. At least for the moment. One day - I promise me - one day soon again...

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear the gym is working out fine. Renewal of body and spirit. Sounds exciting! I applaud your perseverance. Btw, (on a lighter note) a thought about the "pool" would be to add goldfish to the mix. Reminiscent of the tropics.

    ReplyDelete